A local Wesleyan Methodist Society was formed in Venterdon in the early 19th century and in 1816 a chapel was erected. In 1869 the larger present chapel was built in the field behind with its own burial ground, and the old chapel converted to a room for the Sunday school. The old chapel has since been demolished, and the site used as an entrance to the car park.
The original stables and coach house survive as garages. In 1948 the seating capacity was 220.
In 1994 the chapel was closed for extensive restoration work, and it is now officially Stoke Climsland Methodist Church.